The 2017 Gravy Showdown and Meatball Wars!! Hosted by Krissi Biasiello from Master Chef 4
This year will be the fourth annual competition for homemade (Sunday) gravy and best meatballs in the Delaware Valley! So, if you have perfected a special “gravy” or make the most awesome meatballs… bring it on!! If you think you’ve got the best – here’s your chance – enter and win!!
Contest Registration: 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Tasting by Judges: 10:30am gravy contest — 11:15am Meatball contest
Winners announced: 12:30 p.m. on main stage
- Walk-ins are not permitted.
- Contest is based on traditional “Sunday Dinner” red gravy (meat or marinara) only. No cream or pesto sauces.
- Registration fees are to be paid (cash only) at the festival: $15 for gravy or meatball contest; $25 for both. Please register using the links at the bottom of the page.
- Gravy contestants should bring approximately 2 quarts of sauce. Enough for a small bowl for each of the five judges. Meatball contestants should bring one meatball for each of the five judges.
- Bowls, spoons and bread for tasting will be provided.
- Contestants are responsible for dishing out gravy and/or meatballs and for keeping their entries warm
- Individual cooks only are eligible. Contestants may enter on behalf of a business but not as a business.
Contest Judging and Prizes:
- One winner will be determined through preliminary taste tests and elimination testing by a panel of judges.
- Gravy Showdown winner will be named Delco’s #1 Gravy Master 2017; certificates and prizes will be presented.
- Meatball Wars winner will be named Delco’s #1 Meatball War Champion 2017; certificates and prizes will be presented.
All Italian cooking canopies will be located next to the stage in the park.